Kyrgyzstan’s Butterflies at Your Fingertips!
Central Asia is internationally known as a biodiversity hotspot, and perhaps no other country here symbolises that more than Kyrgyzstan. This application has been designed to introduce you to the world of butterflies while encouraging you to submit new information through citizen science. Every identification you make gives local scientists in Kyrgyzstan more data that helps them make informed decisions about conservation measures.
▪ Photographs of more than 60 species of butterflies. This number continues to climb as users submit new information!
▪ A section on the natural history of each species will give you information on when and where you might find them, as well as a better understanding of their life cycle.
▪ The “My Collections” feature allows you to build a virtual collection of the butterflies you have seen.
▪ The “Citizen Science” feature lets you help scientists determine if identifications by other users are accurate.
▪ An included map gives accurate location data for each species and is searchable by species and date.
▪ Frequent app updates add user submitted content like new images, map locations, and new species.