One of the objectives of the Friends of the Koala Inc. is to contribute to scientific knowledge on koalas through:
• Engaging in research into the diseases and consequent treatment and nutrition needs of koalas
• Engaging in research on the ecology and population status of koalas on the Northern Rivers
• Engaging in research into the various types of koala food trees and the most effective propagation, growing and harvesting
• Providing funds for research by approved research organisations into the matters outlined above
• Operating a facility for the treatment and rehabilitation of koalas and from which research and educational activities
can be conducted
Our citizen science koala sightings database is helping towards achieving this objective.