Presented by SciStarter with support from the National Library of Medicine
Welcome! Congratulations on completing the Foundations of Citizen Science module and claiming your badge! You are now eligible to proceed to this self-guided training module and badge!
Please sign up or sign in to SciStarter and complete the Foundations of Citizen Science module and badge to access this module.
For a limited time, the Medical Library Association will provide professional development credits upon completion of this module and the accompanying surveys. Completion of this module takes approximately one hour.
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to:
1. Recognize why engaging the public in citizen science is a critical component of library lifelong learning efforts.
2. Identify the benefits of turning your library into a community hub for citizen science.
3. Identify strategies and tools for selecting and aligning the right citizen science programs with the interests or concerns of your community.
4. Identify resources (including health and medical resources) that will help you introduce, supplement, support, and facilitate awareness of and engagement in citizen science at your library.
5. Identify resources and strategies that will help you train staff to recruit and sustain patron engagement in citizen science.
Complete this self-guided tutorial and quiz. Score an 80% or higher to unlock your badge and surveys required for Professional Development credits. The module opens in a new tab so be sure to come back to this page to claim your badge and access the surveys. Learn more about the Foundations of Citizen Science Badge and the Libraries as Community Hubs for Citizen Science Badge here.