Mangroves and tidal saltmarshes are amongst the most endangered marine wetland habitats worldwide.
‘MangroveWatch’ is a program that has been established to address the urgent need to preserve and protect threatened tidal wetland ecosystems as well as addressing both scientific and environmental management needs.
This new monitoring program targets estuarine and coastal systems where there are mangroves, saltmarsh and saltpans. Like Seagrass-Watch the program uses a partnership between community volunteers and scientists.
Why Mangrove Watch?
* Learn about mangroves in your region
* Discover the many benefits of mangroves
* Explain misconceptions about mangroves
* Monitor changes to mangroves and river health
* Help with surveys of estuary condition
* Join a mangrove rehab team
* Get advice and training from specialists